How to Write Compelling Cold Email Subject Lines for B2B Prospecting (#12 always works)
Increase your open rates and get more responses with these powerful cold email subject lines for B2B prospecting. Don't miss out on #12!
Are cold email subject lines really that important?
Absolutely! In fact, according to a recent study, 35% of email recipients decide whether or not they’re going to open an email based solely on the subject line.
That means if you want your cold emails to be successful, then you need to make sure that your cold email subject lines are optimized for maximum open rates.
But how do you know which cold email subject line is going to work best?
Fortunately, we’ve come up with a list of the 21 best cold email subject lines that have been proven to get results.
Read on and find out how you can increase your cold email open rates and generate more leads with these cold email subject line ideas.
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 1: Introducing Yourself
Introducing yourself can be a great cold email subject line. It’s direct and to the point, while also showing that you’re open to building a relationship.
- Hi from <Company Name>
- Hey there! I'm <Name> from <Company Name>
- Oh, hello! It's <Name> from <Company Name>
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 2: Asking a Question
Asking an open-ended question in your cold email subject line can help to spark interest and encourage people to open the email.
- Are you looking for a <Product/Service>?
- Have you thought about <Solution>?
- What are your biggest challenges with <Problem>?
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 3: Making an Offer
Making an offer in the cold email subject line can be a great way to get people’s attention. It’s also a good way to show that you have something valuable to offer.
- Get your <Product/Service> for free
- Exclusive <Discount> on our <Product/Service>
- Save 50% on our <Product/Service> this week only!
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 4: Pique Curiosity
Creating a bit of mystery or intrigue can be an effective cold email subject line strategy. It’s all about getting people to wonder what you have to say and encouraging them to find out more.
- What's the one thing you're missing?
- Uncovering the hidden secret to <Solution>
- The unexpected way to solve <Problem>
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 5: Invoking Urgency
Including a sense of urgency in your cold email subject line can be a great way to get people to take action. This is especially effective if you’re offering something limited or time-sensitive.
- Hurry! <Discount> ends soon
- <Product/Service> only available for the next 48 hours
- Limited time offer - don't miss out!
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 6: Providing Value
Highlighting the value that you can provide in the cold email subject line is a great way to show people what they’ll get out of reading your cold email.
- Get more <Result> with our <Solution>
- Unlocking the secrets of <Problem>
- Discover the best way to <Solution>
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 7: Referral Request
If you’re cold-emailing someone who is connected to a network that could be valuable to you, then asking for a referral in your cold email subject line can be an effective strategy.
- Who do you know that needs <Solution>?
- Can you introduce me to a <Target Audience> contact?
- Referrals wanted: do you know someone looking for <Product/Service>?
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 8: Offering to Help
If you’re cold-emailing someone who could benefit from your help, then offer to be of assistance in the cold email subject line.
- Can I do anything to help <Target Audience>?
- Let me know if I can lend a hand
- Offering to help with <Problem>
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 9: Building Trust
If you’re cold-emailing someone who may not be familiar with your brand, then building trust in the cold email subject line can help to encourage them to read your cold email.
- <Company Name> is trusted by <Influencers/Past Customers>
- Meet our team of <Expertise> professionals
- How our <Solution> has helped thousands of customers
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 10: Showing Gratitude
A cold email subject line that expresses gratitude can be a great way to show people that you appreciate them and value the relationship.
- Thank you for being an amazing <Target Audience>!
- Appreciate your support of <Company Name>
- Grateful for your help with <Solution>
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 11: Asking for Assistance
If you’re cold-emailing someone who may be able to help you with a problem or provide insight into an issue, then asking for assistance in the cold email subject line can be an effective approach.
- Need your advice on <Issue>
- Requesting your help with <Project>
- Can you point me in the right direction?
Best Subject Lines for Cold Emails 12: Showing Genuine Interest
If you’re cold-emailing someone who is an expert in their field, then showing them that you are genuinely interested in what they have to say can be a great way to get their attention. Examples:
- Love your insights on <Topic>
- Fascinated by your work on <Project>
- Would love to hear your thoughts on <Issue>
As you can see, there are many different cold email subject line strategies that you can use to capture the attention of your prospects and encourage them to engage with your message.
Take some time to experiment and find which ones work best for you!
Good luck cold emailing!